ALEMBIC SERIES ONE 5-STRING BASS
I got this bass in 1991 and this is definitely one of my favorite instruments! It’s a stereo bass with burl walnut top and back. The bass has a real fast “attack” and the sound cuts through in almost every situation. It’s actually one of the two basses I use most of the time in the studio!
ALEMBIC SERIES TWO 6-STRING BASS
This bass is similar to my five string series one. The bass has burl walnut top and back and stereo electronics. I was looking for a six string bass with fast response a lot of punch and with massive low end! The Alembic is all that! I am planning to use the bass quite much in the future especially for trio, duo or solo performances!
ALEMBIC SIGNATURE 4-STRING BASS
The bass has cocobolo top and back and was converted to fretless in 1995. The bass is from 1990 and is a mono 9v bass. I had problems finding a bass that I liked for fretless work, so I took the bass to a professional shop and had them remove the frets. I am quite happy with the sound and have used it on almost all studio recordings where fretless bass has been needed!
The Fodera bass sounds like a traditional jazz bass with sustain. The bass has 9v electronics and has zebra wood top, ebony fingerboard. A friend of mine called Matti Kähäri made a pick guard for the bass so that it’s easier for me to play it! This is the other of the two basses that I use most of the time in the studio!
MAYONES JABBA 4-SRING
The Mayones basses are my main live basses and they are really good sounding instruments! The bass has 24 frets and 9v active/passive electronics maple fingerboard. The bass works great in the studio as well!
MAYONES JABBA 4-STRING FRETLESS
After receiving my first Mayones bass it felt so good that I needed to order a fretless bass as well!
The bass has burl buckeye top, alder body, and ebony fingerboard and 9v active/passive electronics. Very nice bass for live work!!
NEUSER CUSTOM 4-STRING BASS
I use this bass from time to time and use it mostly for “jazz” gigs because it has a smooth maple neck, ebony fingerboard, Alembic Series One stereo electronics, burl maple top and back! I got this bass in 1998. The bass records also very well!
Other basses that I use are;
- Strandberg Signature acoustic bass guitar built by Rano Nieminen
- Lasse Nurmi 5-string custom acoustic bass guitar with high C
- Vektor upright bass, this bass is really nice; it has many great qualities’ and plays well. I use it quite much..
- Lakland USA Series 44-51. I use this instrument with flat-wounds and use it mostly in the studio. Great instrument.
- Alembic Distillate. This bass is a short scale bass with Cocobolo top. Really nice instrument. Its easy to play wide intervals with this instrument.
- Mayones Jabba EP-5. This is a real a plug and play bass a very reliable instrument and is great for live work.
Other equipment ;
- Amps; Aguilar DB751, Aguilar AG700, AER Head One, Alembic F-1X with 800w power amp
- Speakers; Aguilar SL 410, Aguilar SL212, 2x Aguilar SL112, AER Cab One, AER Cab Two
- Effects & accessories; Dark Glass pedals, Rodenberg GAS-707B pedal, Electro Harmonix & Aguilar pedals